BE A COMPLETE multimedia PROFESSIONAL THROUGH THE INTENSIVE TRAINING:
Add on Training :
Personality, Communication, time management skills, Photography, Videography, Editing, Sound, Light, Video Production, Marketing, Digital Marketing, finding news, sourcing news, production of news, news editing, writing for news, news reading, dubbing for news, news anchoring, spot anchoring, live debate, interview skill etc.
- Still camera, video camera, video editing, multi-cam editing, online editing, out door broad
- Casting techniques, audio editing, graphic animation.
- Daily projects
- Writing news for online news/ news papers/ magazines/ journals etc
- Weekly projects
- Finding news stories, attending press meet, creating special stories, shoot edit and create
- Final out of news stories
- Job oriented internship in Television channel
IIMS is associated with or has tie-ups to provide continues internships and in house training with the best television channels in the country. our students will be considered as news department trainees through out the course. The students have to take assignments of the channel at the time of training. The performers will be absorbed by the channel after the successful completion of the course.
Each student at IIMS would under go a transformation in these 3 years in terms of their work ethics,hands on experience,professional training. At the end of 3 years, our students graduate from Institute of International Media Studies as poised, job ready, confident adults. They leave us for jobs, taking with them a sense of purpose and a commitment to improving the future for all the world’s people with their weapon bag consisting of pen and camera!
All students on the International Journalism Degree take modules in storytelling and online journalism before specializing in either print or broadcast journalism. There is a further option to specialize in online journalism. This choice informs your studies for the rest of the course through to the completion of a final project. There is a dissertation option for students who prefer a more academic route through the course. You are encouraged to join as an internship trainee in a media through-out the years of course.
- Principles of Communication
- Global Comparative Media
- Information Technology
- History & Industry of Mass Communication
- Mass Communication Concepts and Processes
- Print Media & Photo Journalism
- Reporting & Editing
- Reporting Techniques & Skills
- Editing: Concepts & Processes
- Language Skills for the Desk:
- Reporting & Editing Lab
- TV Journalism & Program Formats
- Television Production: Idea to Screen
- Basics of Camera, Lights and Sound
- Advertising: Concepts & Principle
- Press Laws & Media Ethics
- Television Production Lab
- Operation & Handling of Video Equipment’s
- Communication & Soft Skills
- Ethics, Rules and Standards
- Global Journalism
- Journalistic Storytelling
- International News
- International Online Journalism
- Final/ Dissertation project.
- Lifestyle Specialism
- International Correspondence Specialism
- Arts and Culture Specialism
- Humanitarian Reporting Specialism
- Finance and Business Specialism
- Sports Specialism
- Political Reporting Specialism
- Entertainment Specialism
- Reporting Middle East
- Security and Crime Specialism
- Investigative Reporting Specialism
- Print Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism.
- Still camera operation and aesthetics
- Video camera operation and production techniques
- Video editing software, aesthetics and final out
- Graphic animation basics, creation and final out
- Audio editing, dubbing and mixing
- Anchoring and News Reading
- Television program production basics
- Documentary making basics
- Short film making basics
- Script writing basics
- Ad film making basics
Creating Global Professionals
To guarantee the immediate absorption by the industry we conduct a stringent selection process and make sure only the deserved will be selected for these workshops To be part of the Media training Workshop the candidates have to submit their application forms along with a detailed profile, two photographs and self attested copies of credentials to the youth centers or district offices. After the preliminary assessment the applicants will be informed through written communication to attend a written aptitude test and a personal presentation to prove their talents and skills. Out of the selected candidates those who are applying for onscreen positions shall attend a Camera test and Voice test. And those who applying for the technical areas has to go through a computer proficiency test to prove their technical skills and aesthetical sense After a thorough screening of applicants, our special jury will select the right candidates for these workshops.
The aptitude test is an important tool, for identifying the right candidate normally people land up in this field for the wrong reasons or by de-fault. This test is also considered as an elimination round which contain written and an interview to evaluate their aptitude, attitude, interest, personality traits and career objectives. A team of educationists’ career experts and corporate trainers supervise the scientifically designed psychometric test ts and skills.
The personal interaction with the candidates helps to identify the aesthetic sense, talents, outlook, dress sense, features, aspirations and their commitments. Panels of experts from different media especially from the field of film and T.V. production conduct and supervise the personal presentation session.
career experts and corporate trainers supervise the scientifically designed psychometric test ts and skills. Out of the selected candidates those who are applying for onscreen positions shall attend a Camera test and Voice test. And those who applying for the technical areas has to go through a computer proficiency test to prove their technical skills and aesthetical sense After a thorough screening of applicants, our special jury w ill select the right candidates for these workshops.
Camera & Voice test:
The screening focuses on the important characteristics of an anchor. This session helps to identify camera presence, voice modulation, presentation skills, spontaneity, confidence level, presence of mind, and body language, reaction time, timing and language skills. The session is conducted and supervised by the experts from the visual media.